Marlin Involtini


If you have read this blog for any amount of time you have probably noticed that I get a lot of ingredients from people I know. This Marlin might be my favorite. My sisters, friends, dad caught this marlin while on vacation and it has made its way to me. I was given two large packs of frozen fish and told, we thought you might know how to use this. As it turns out it took me a while to figure out how to use it. I grilled the first pack and that grilled marlin was some of the best fish I have ever had. I was tempted to just grill the second pack in a similar way but  curiosity go the best of me. 


In my limited knowledge of marlin I sort of equate them to a smaller swordfish. So when I was looking through Mario Batalli's book Babbo I came across a recipe for swordfish involtini. Basically thin strips of fish that are rolled up with breadcrumbs and seasonings inside them then simmered in tomato sauce. It seemed simple enough and sounded pretty good so I gave it a shot.


This was another great way to cook marlin, the texture of this fish reminded me of chicken. It was tender but not flakey like other fish. The sauce was a perfect addition as well. the raisins and pine nuts added a little sweetness to the sauce that balanced it out perfectly.