Thai Curry Salmon Patties






I love a good salmon burger and over the last few years have tried them every way I possibly could. Then I cam across this recipe for a fish burger that is heavy on the Thai flavors. The original recipe called for cod or some other white fleshed fish but since I have a ton of salmon in the freezer I wanted to try it with salmon. What caught my interest about this recipe was the use of red curry paste and fish sauce. They are two of my favorite ingredients and any opportunity I get to use them I jump at. 

There isn't to much to this recipe and you don't add anything as a binder so the patties are little loose. I think if I make them again I will add a little coconut flour or maybe even an egg to help bind them together a bit. I would also like to try this on a toasted bun but my wife has me on a diet currently that doesn't allow breads. The other thing I kept thinking was how good this salmon mixture would be in a fried wonton. So stay tuned you might be seeing that soon.  If you like curry and you like salmon burger you have to give this a try.

Thai Curry Salmon Patties

1 lb. boneless, skinless salmon fillet, roughy chopped
14 cup thai red curry paste
2 tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
3 tbsp. roughly chopped roasted, salted peanuts
2 tsp. Kosher salt
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
1 garlic clove
2 tbsp. fish sauce
zest of 1 lime plus 1tsp. of lime juice


Mix the ingredients together and form into patties. I pan fried mine in coconut oil for 3 minute preside.