Pike For Breakfast




I know most people don't immediately think about fish for breakfast but lately I have been loving it. On one of my last fishing outings I was on a lake that has high numbers of Northern Pike and they have special regulations. They want you to keep the smaller pike and encourage you to let all the bigger pike go. (over 24 inches) That wasn't a problem for me because I personally believe that any pike between 20-24 inches is the perfect eating size. It didn't take me long that day and I had my limit of pike in the live well.



I have quite a bit of pike in the freezer now and have been slowly making my way through it. I love eating pike because of its firm texture and mild flavor. It holds up well to a variety of cooking methods and goes well with anything. For breakfast I like to toss it in a little flour with Cavender's Greek seasoning and fry it in butter served alongside some fried eggs and charred tomatoes. It is one of my favorite breakfasts. I like to dip the fish in the runny yolks.