A Ducky Philly Cheese Steak

 
The way I see it ducks are basically the pigs of the sky. They are a versatile and delicious meat and can be used in just about everything. Why it has taken me so long to make a duck Philly cheese steak, I don't know. Last duck season was good to me and I still have a good supply of duck so I figured it was time to start using some of it up.
 
I have eaten a lot of Philly cheese steaks in my life and for the most part they were all good. I have tried making them with venison and antelope and they were pretty good but not nearly as good as this one made with duck. There is just something about the way duck cooks and gets those crispy little bits at the end that made this sandwich better. Topped of with grilled onions and peppers this is now one of my favorite sandwiches.
 
The secret to this recipe is to slice the duck breasts very thin. The best way to accomplish this is to place the breasts in the freezer for about 45 minutes until they are almost frozen. Then take a very sharp knife and slice the breasts about an eighth of an inch thick if possible.  The pieces cook very quickly and they with shrink a little and when they do the pieces get a little thicker as well. If you can keep your slices nice and thin your whole sandwich with be tender and delicious.
 
Duck Philly Cheese Steak
 
 
1 pound duck breasts, sliced (about 4 mallard breasts)
2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
 
4 hoagie rolls
2 peppers
1 onion
8 slices of provolone cheese
 
Mix the duck and seasonings together with the Worcestershire and let sit for at least 30 minutes before cooking. Cook over medium high heat for about 2-3 minutes until all the pieces are cooked through. Top with grilled onions and peppers and provolone cheese.