To help promote this sweepstakes I came up with a couple of recipes that included Wright's Liquid Smoke. I have never really used liquid smoke except in jerky recipes and occasionally in a stew, so I tried to use the liquid smoke in a couple different ways. The first recipe is for a smokey Italian meatball using venison. The liquid smoke can be added directly into ground meat at a ratio of 2 teaspoons to each pound of meat. You can add more or less depending on how much smokey flavor you would like.
Both dishes were a success and my 2 year old son really loved the meatballs, but he really loves anything he can pick up with one hand and mash in his face. The kind people at Wright's also sent me four bottles of liquid smoke so now I am going to have to try as many different recipes as I possibly can. If anybody has a favorite recipe they would like to share with me I would love to try it out. Good Luck everybody and if you win the $500 dollar gift card I could use a new meat grinder, Just saying.
1 lbs ground venison
1/3 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/3 cup milk
2 tsp Wright's liquid smoke
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 tsp toasted fennel seeds
1. soak the bread crumbs in the milk for 10 minutes, then beat one egg into the breadcrumb mixture.
2. add the venison and remaining seasonings and mix well.
3. Form a small patty and fry it in a pan and taste it to make sure the seasoning are right for you.
4. Form your meatballs and then brown them in a pan for a minute or two on each side
5. bake your meatballs in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes or until the internal temp reaches 150 degrees
These meatball can be enjoyed any way you want them, I mixed them into spaghetti but they would also make a delicious meatball sandwich.
1 lbs venison cut into large cubes
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup light soy sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon Wright's liquid smoke
2 cloves garlic chopped
1 shallot chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 can whole water-chestnuts
2 cups fresh cut pineapple cut into 1 inch cubes
1. whisk together the ingredients for the marinade then add the water-chestnuts and the venison and let sit in the fridge for about 4 hours.
2. remove the meat and water-chestnuts from the marinade and place on your skewers along with the pineapple.
3. Grill over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes per side or until the venison reaches an internal temp of 145 degrees.