The Beast

Today I was out running errands and was thinking about grabbing a bite to eat.  On my way home I drove past Baldy's BarBQ and as I am always in the mood for BarBQ I thought I would stop in and give it a try.  I had never heard of it and was not sure what to expect.  It is situated in a small strip mall behind a truck stop in between a taco place a someplace called fantasy gifts (didn't know what to think about that).  The inside was very nice and smelled like smoking meat so I was all in.  I looked over the menu and was somewhat impressed at the large selection and some of the different items on the menu.  The fried green beans and the fried pickle spears peaked my interest.  After looking over the whole menu I decided on a sandwich called "The Beast".  I asked the young lady behind the counter what came on The Beast and she said it was smoked brisket covered in coleslaw and topped of with bacon and onion rings on a kaiser roll served with a pickle spear and a side of my choosing.  What more could a guy ask for?


The first thing I will say about it is the potato salad was some of the best I have ever had.  Flavorful and creamy with whole chucks of smokey bacon in it.  Not your typical mustard potato salad.  I would be willing to go back just to eat the potato salad, it is that good.  The sandwich was equally as good.  The brisket was tender and smokey and packed with flavor and who doesn't love bacon and onion rings on everything.  The coleslaw was crisp and creamy and mellowed out the spiceyness of the BarBQ sauce.  Like all good BarBQ It was messy as hell to eat but worth every bite.  I will most certainly be going back to try the rest of the menu.